06 The Magical Gut Microbiome: Why Radiant Health Begins in The Belly | Sarah King
The microbiome – this buzzy term refers to the trillions of microbes in and on the human body (including almost 3kg in the gut!) that influence digestion, nutrient absorption, hormone balance, energy levels, skin clarity, moods, weight, cravings, immunity and overall vitality. According to the National Institutes of Health, we have 10 times as many bacterial cells in our body as human ones!
In today's episode, Kylie Jane is joined by Sarah King of SIMPLY SKING - Nutritional Therapy Practitioner and Certified Integrative Nutrition Health Coach - to talk about gut health as the basis of all health, the magical microbiome, why it matters, and tips on how to improve our gut health for radiant health.
1. What is the role of gut health in physical and mental health?
2. What is the microbiome and why is it so important?
3. What does a healthy gut microbiome look or feel like?
4. Is it nature or nurture that determines the health of our gut? The role of stress, alcohol, processed foods etc.
5. What are the signs your gut may be imbalanced?
6. The importance of fibre-rich plant foods and probiotics in nurturing gut health
7. Sarah’s top tips for improving gut health