PIVOT POINT – Schalk Malan, CEO of BrightRock

Schalk is a qualified actuary and the main architect behind our BrightRock insurance. He has worked in the financial services industry for over 15 years. He’s regularly invited to speak internationally about BrightRock’s unique, human-centric product design.
18 Apr 2PM English South Africa Business News · Investing

Other recent episodes

Youth unemployment - will the upcoming elections make any difference?

GUEST - Nkosinathi Mahlangu, Youth Employment Portfolio Head at Momentum Metropolitan With election day this week - and with the arrival of new political parties on the scene as the ruling party's popularity seems to drop - competition is fiercer than ever as parties campaign relentlessly in an effort to…
27 May 3PM 13 min

The Business of Election Campaigns

GUEST - Thebe Ikalafeng - Founder and CEO of Brand Leadership Group It’s Presidential election season and that can only mean one thing. Political ads galore! We will mute the TV, turn down the radio, look the other way as we pass a campaign worker taking surveys, at the very…
27 May 3PM 15 min

Tiger Brands first-half earnings rise 11% as turnaround picks up

GUEST – Tjaart Kruger – Tiger Brands CEO Tiger Brands’ performance for the 6 months that ended 31 March 2024 reflects a tough trading environment in which consumers remain constrained. Total revenue for the year regressed by 1%, driven by price inflation of 8% and overall volume declines of 9%…
27 May 3PM 12 min

OPINION: There is a lot more at stake in the Anglo American-BHP debate

Taddy Blecher – CEO of the Maharishi Institute The real issues, however, often lie beyond the immediate illumination – beyond what you can see. In the context of the Anglo American-BHP takeover debate, there is much more at stake than what is immediately visible. What is at stake relates to…
23 May 1PM 13 min