LISTEN | Nigerians leave SA after xenophobic violence

Busloads of Nigerians said their final goodbyes to South Africa on Wednesday morning.

Despite staring poverty in the face, four busloads of people who had been confronted with violence in Johannesburg left from the Nigerian Consulate to begin the trip of approximately 7,000km to Nigeria.

Ben Okoli from the Nigerian Citizen Association South Africa (Nicasa) said most of the foreigners who took their places on occupied the buses had owned shops and businesses in South Africa for several years.
Loading player...