TCS | Takealot Group CEO Mamongae Mahlare on the outlook for e-commerce
In the interview, Mahlare talks about her career background and how she came to Takealot. She also discusses:
• The transformative impact of the Covid-19 pandemic, how it drove up online shopping and why it’s impact is still being felt.
• Takealot Group’s slowing growth – why it’s happening, and what it says about the e-commerce space in South Africa.
• The impact of increased competition from traditional retailers embracing internet commerce.
• The Competition Commission’s investigation into online markets, and why the authorities need to tread carefully.
• The rumoured launch later this year of an Amazon marketplace in South Africa, and how this will impact the market and Takealot.
• What will shape the development of e-commerce in South Africa in the coming years.
• The role, if any, for the Post Office.
Don’t miss a fascinating discussion.